Aug 23, 2023
Release Date: January 2022
Download the Latest Version Now: SMS 7.1.0
|Release Date||July 2021|
- SMS Operators are now assigned the minimum SQL permissions required based on the SMS applications that their security group is assigned.
- Elevated permissions are required for the following applications/functions: System Security, System Manager, UDF Editor and Report Launcher – Restore Archives. See the respective chapters in the SMS Software Manual for the elevated permissions which will be assigned.
- Operators without access to the above will only be granted the db_datareader and db_datawriter roles for the SMS database.
- SMS Operators in Administrators security group are also granted the role db_owner for the SMS database.
- The SMSAdmin account is now assigned the minimum SQL permissions required instead of sysadmin: the SQL Server Roles dbcreator, bulkadmin and diskadmin; the SQL Server permission “Alter Any Login” and the Database Role db_owner for the SMS database.
- SMSAdmin is used in the SMS context when no Operator is logged into SMS (i.e. start-up applications).
- Elevate or demote Operator permissions as required depending on the SMS applications available to the Security Group as Operator Security Group assignments are updated.
- Elevate or demote Operator permissions as required depending on the SMS applications available to the Security Group are updated/changed.
- Add Login Requirements option “Hide Single Signon Login checkbox”.
- Pass “Hide Single Signon Login checkbox” Login Requirement to Launcher.
- Reject Single Signon with password if “Hide Single Signon Login checkbox” enabled.
- Hide Single Signon Login checkbox based on Login Requirements.
- Hide Change Password Login checkbox when Single Signon is enabled.
- Database Maintenance functions will now be performed by a new Database Maintenance Windows service running on the SP host instead of SQL Agent or Windows Task jobs to reduce required SQL permissions. The service account for the Windows Service requires the SMS database role db_owner and the server roles dbcreator and diskadmin.
- The Operator recorded acknowledging an alarm could be incorrect for some auto-acknowledged alarms under certain circumstances.
- AD-Linked Operator could not be created unless the AD users primary UPN matched the login domain.
- An exception could occur under certain circumstances if a peripheral device is moved with the parent controller offline.
- Optimized downloading of SMS defined holidays to prevent lock memory overflow.
- SMS database upgrades could fail in some circumstances on systems that were originally installed using SMS v5.1.0 where ANSI_NULLs was not enabled for some data tables.
Download the Latest Version Now: SMS v7.1.0